Friday, September 30, 2011

A Note from Daddy....

So I was flipping through one of my old writing notebooks from high school, back when I thought I was cool for writing angst-y poetry. ha ha But as I was leafing through all my memories of 2009, I happened upon this note my Dad wrote me on a particularly dramatic and emotional Sunday two years ago.

You are way too sensitive.

What's wrong? No Friends?

You always have me.

I'll always love you and be your friend.

You realize I'm willing to listen to you and offer constructive criticism. Even when you don't want to hear it. And it's always sincere and what I believe is best for you, even if you can't see it at the moment. I know you are not happy with me at the moment, but I do love you, just like your Heavenly Father loves you. And he does not always give us what we want, but what we actually need. Even if it's not fun or hurts at the moment. What you need to remember is that it is always for our best and that somebody when you can look back and see the whole picture you will realize just how much I loved you. So buck up and try to be happy. "And this too shall pass"

Love ya,

Dad


I wonder if he even remembers writing this to me so long ago... I still teared up a little bit as I read his sarcastic yet endearing note telling me to buck up. I guess that passes for love in my house. ;) Just kidding I still think it's really sweet, and especially true.

We're not always given what we want, but what we need.

Definitely some food for though for me these days. I'm so blessed right now, our Father really does know our needs, even if we don't.

No comments: