Saturday, November 12, 2011

Dear Girlfriend,

So it's been a year. A whole year since I've seen your beautiful face. A year since you've been a part of my life. 365 day since I've been able to tell you, "Girlfriend, you are the best!"

I miss you. My life hasn't been quite the same since I left, since I've been without you in my life.

I don't like it. I don't like that I wasn't the one to comfort you when he left, to tell you that he never deserved you, that you can do better. I don't like that I wasn't one of the first people you called after your accident. I don't like being strangers anymore. I miss hearing all the little details about your day. I miss your adorable cardigans and tiny heels you always insist on wearing. I miss all our movie nights and girl talk.

A year is way to long.

So I'm giving up, I'm putting aside my pride and breaking the silence. I don't care what happened a year ago, it's not important anymore and honestly, it's all in the past.

I just really miss our friendship, and I really miss you.

So this is my peace offering, I want to be your best friend again.

I want to go back to the way we were before stupid drama got in the way.

So what do you say Girlfriend?

-The Girl with the Sunrise Smile

1 comment:

Keara said...

So I sent it, after a year, I'm finally ready. So I sent it...