Sunday, November 2, 2008

November!



It's already November and all the stores are setting up for Christmas. :'(

Halloween is over and now it's time for Thanksgiving. I wish I could say that I was looking forward to it though. As you all know, my family is raising turkeys again this year for Thanksgiving. These are some big suckers too! But, just like last year, we will be butchering and preparing these six GIGANTIC birds, all by hand and in time for dinner (hopefully). I was just lucky enough to be 'busy' last year and avoid the whole process completely. But now that I know how to do it, I'm thinking I might not be so lucky this time. I think it's going to take two days this year.

I'm just hoping I don't scare too many boys off, I mean between my mad driving skills and my expansive knowledge of butchering innocent farm animals, I just might be single for life. lol

3 comments:

buddyandsarahaws said...

Sounds like you guys will be having lots of fun at your house. I am so glad it's you and not me!

Miller Family said...

Oh Keara....I feel your pain! I'm not sure how you do it, but I guess it's a good skill to have right?! :) Good luck and hopefully we'll see you guys soon!!

Shelly Marie said...

You are one tough cookie, Keara! I watched my brothers kill our chickens on the trek and could barely watch! Sick nasty!!!