Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Today...

Today was a really rough day for me.

I woke up at 8:30, exhausted, but feeling a tiny bit better than the night before. I really debated going to institute, I was tired and not really up for going all the way down there this morning. But if I needed anything this morning, it was some spiritual guidance, so I threw myself together rather quickly, even for these mornings, and I actually looked pretty good for zero makeup and a ponytail. I was planning on reading my scriptures for another fifteen minutes befroe I left, but I got a text from Emma across the hall saying the busses were running late today, so I decided to walk down to the institute instead.

This turned out to be a blessing; I got to listen to Paul Cardall the entire walk down to the institute building and it definitely helped me calm down and recenter. When I got there, I was one of first three people waiting for class to start. So I opened up my scriptures to find a good one to share for my devotional. Magically I just opened up to Alma 36:3 on my first try and I found something amazing

it says:

“And now, O my [daughter, Keara], behold, thou art in thy youth, and therefore, I beseech of thee that thou wilt hear my words and learn of me; for I do know that whosoever shall put their trust in God shall be supported in their trials, and their troubles, and their afflictions, and shall be lifted up in the last day.”

This scripture practically screamed at me and was what I had been praying for all night and morning. This was my tender mercy. I have a renewed faith in the scriptures and in the love of my Father in Heaven. Today’s lesson even seemed to be picked just special for me. We talked about marrying in the covenant and the importance it is to our children. The Lord was just screaming to me today, telling me to wake up and to live the gospel. I’m answering the call, and I’m so grateful for it.

I know this gospel is so true and I don't know how I manage not to scream it to the world. My Father in Heaven loves me and I need him. He sent my Brother to save my life and that impacts my everyday. I know that the scriptures are true and are daily tools for us dat-to-day. I know that Thomas S. Monson is the true prophet, seer, and revelator sent to us by God to direct us to rightousness. I just love this work and I am so grateful for it's truth and faithfulness in my life.

No comments: